Friday, July 21, 2006

Raw Foods and Hunger

One of the things I've noticed since transitioning to a raw food diet is that the hunger 'pangs' I'd had in the past... stayed in the past :).

Sure, I may feel like eating something, although I no longer have intense feelings of hunger. I can often eat some fruit throughout the day and a nice salad for dinner and feel satisfied. More importantly I feel full of energy, light on my feet, relaxed and grounded.

This is how our bodies work naturally... and why eating fresh, organic and raw foods is optimal for your health... and longevity.

One of the reasons those on the SAD diet (standard american diet) get hunger pains is in part the additives in processed foods (MSG for example) and in part because the normal American stretches their stomach far beyond their normal size. Emotions and stress play a factor as well.

Go raw and feel great!

All the best for your health,

Mark