Friday, October 21, 2005

Vegan/Raw Benefit #27

There are numerous benefits to a vegan/raw diet, most being health related.

But here's a benefit I hadn't considered or noticed until I had been eating raw for 3 months.

Garbage!

Or lack of garbage, that is. I've noticed that my household generates less than 1/3 of the normal amount we used to before eating raw. Since very few whole, raw foods are packaged, you're saving a great deal of packaging waste.

There's even less to recycle since I choose to use my own canvas bags for grocery shopping. If you're a Whole Foods shopper, you may have noticed their new "green bags". They're a steal at under $2 and now will save at least 175 paper bags a year.

Yes, eating raw is eco-friendly too. Just another benefit!

Keep it raw...some,

Mark
The Vegan Raw Diet